Documentation - Next >
Supported Oracle Database Objects
- PL/SQL packages.
- PL/SQL functions.
- PL/SQL procedures.
The Work Process Of The Connector Builders
The Connection Builders reads the Oracle database dictionary, calculates dependencies and estimates the attributes, parameters and arguments
Connector Builders Output
The Connector Builders generates the complete needed Java infrastructure code to call Oracle PL/SQL stored procedures. The Java code is
runnable without any modifications except connection or data source settings. The created Java code is not intended to be modified, because
it will be overwritten the next Connector Builder run.
Do Not Change The Connector Builders Generated Code
The Connector Builders are rerunnable and overwrite the Java code on every run. If you change the PL/SQL stored procedures signature -
add/remove/modify parameter types/names - rerun the Connector Builder to generate the Java accessor code to fit to the PL/SQL stored
The generated Java code from the Connector Builders are service methods to send and receive data transfer objects to and from the PL/SQL
- Send Data : Create transfer objects and send to the PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Receive Data : Call the PL/SQL stored procedures and receive transfer objects.
- Mixed Mode : Send data and receive data in one PL/SQL stored procedure call.
The Transfer Object Model
- The transfer object model is used to bundle all data which is used for one process/use case.
- The data is processed inside the database and transfered to/from the calling process in one step.
- Objects of the transfer object model are only used once. Not cached, recycled nor temporarily stored.
What Is The Big Difference Between Java/ORM/JPA And PL/SQL Connector Builder ?
- Java/ORM/JPA :
- You work with an entity model - every entity has a correspond table.
- The complete database DML code exists in Java - in many cases as strings.
- Failures of the DML code will occur on runtime.
- PL/SQL + PL/SQL Connector Builder :
- You work with a transfer object model - for every use case a stored procedure has it's transfer objects.
- The database DML code is compiled and validated in the database.
- You have more complex data types.
- You have a lot of opportunities to increase performance like using bulk processing.
Documentation - Next >