PL/SQL Enterprise Workbench is an Eclipse plugin for seamless development integration of PL/SQL and Java. The integrated code generator generates pure Java JDBC access code for seamless runtime integration.
- The PL/SQL Enterprise Workbench is a complete perspective organized like the Java perspective and allows to handle the stored procedure code as the Java code without switching to another development tool.
- The PL/SQL Editor is as convenient as the Java editor :
- Outline View
- Content assist and help for autocompletion, complete programming blocks and object/table/view info of fields and columns
- Failure marker in PL/SQL code
- Syntax highlighting
- The stored procedure code is file based and compiled from the file to the database. So any scm tool like subversion, git and etc. that is supported by Eclipse can be used to manage the code in a team environment.
- The PL/SQL Problem view shows errors and warnings and allows to jump directly to the stored procedure code position.
PL/SQL Connector Builder
- The Connector Builder generates Java code to call the stored procedures directly by JDBC.
- No additional library is required (except the JDBC driver).
- The generated Java code is organized as the JEE base patterns : Implementation classes, transfer object classes, service interfaces and remote call service factories.
- Connector Builder types :
- Raw JDBC Connector Builder : Generates the implementation and transfer object classes.
- Java RPC Connector Builder : Access to PL/SQL stored procedures thru factory and service interface.
- Spring HTTP-Remoting Connector Builder : Remote access to PL/SQL stored procedures tunneled by HTTP-protocol from a Java client to web server and to the PL/SQL stored procedures.
- Java EE Connector Builder : Java EE beans access to PL/SQL stored procedures.
- The final version will have more PL/SQL Connector Builder.
- Java and PL/SQL is melting together as a powerful unit.
- Both programming languages - Java and PL/SQL - can be developed very convienent in the same integrated development tool - Eclipse.
- Instead of painful programming handmade JDBC calls or abstract unvalidated ORM constructs you get stable automatic generated valid code on compile time.